UKRAINIAN INDEPENDENCE DAY
Slava Ukraini! Glory to Ukraine!
August 30, 2015
This concert is dedicated to all the fallen heroes defending Ukraine throughout the centuries and in today’s atrocious and aggressive events undermining Ukraine’s sovereignty.
"Shche ne vmerla Ukraina, ni slava, ni volya..."
"Ukraine has not perished, nor her glory, nor freedom..."
-- Ukrainian National Anthem --
THE KOZAKS ARE COMING! THE KOZAKS ARE COMING!
CLICK KOZAK FOR HOPAK
Ukrainian Day in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
The 16th annual Ukrainian-American Day Concert with the Golden Gate Park Band will be held on Sunday, August 30, 2015, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. This free* outdoor concert at the Music Concourse Bandshell (Spreckels Temple of Music) is to celebrate the 24th Anniversary of Ukraine's Independence. This concert also marks the 51st year that the Ukrainian-American community of San Francisco and the Greater Bay Area has performed with the Golden Gate Park Band!
- Greetings from Mr. Sergiy Aloshyn, Consul General of Ukraine in San Francisco
- "Sonechko" Ukrainian Dance Ensemble from Sacramento performing dances from various regions of Ukraine
- "Veselka" Ukrainian Children's Dance Ensemble from Sacramento
- "Zhuravlyky" ("Little Cranes") Ukrainian Dance Ensemble from San Francisco Bay Area
- Ola Herasymenko Oliynyk, Banduryst, Merited Artist of Ukraine, with the Bandura Ensemble of Northern California
- "Soloveyko" ("Nightingales") Children's Choir from Ukrainian School in San Francisco
- "Kolyada" Ukrainian Vocal Ensemble
- "Trembita" Ukrainian Choir of the Greater San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California
- "Ukrainian Quartet" Vocal and Instrumental Group (Andriy Shegera, Roman Ritachka, Mike Markiv, Volodymyr Parubets)
- Oksana & Svyatoslav Stus, Ukrainian Folk Singers
- Svetlana Nikitenko, Soprano
- Ivanna Taratula Filipenko, Mezzo-Soprano, and Juliana Maria Filipenko, Soprano
- Maria Tscherepenko, Mezzo-Soprano
- Serhiy Samborski, Trembita Heralder
- and, the historical 133-year-old Golden Gate Park Band, Music Director and Conductor Michael L. Wirgler, performing Ukrainian melodies!
Sponsored by the Ukrainian-American Coordinating Council, Northern California Branch, in cooperation with the Ukrainian Heritage Club of Northern California, Bay Area Churches, Organizations and Clubs; and, the Ukrainian Federal Credit Union at Sacramento; Contact: Maria Tscherepenko at (650) 281-6927 (Producer/Artistic Director).
To see what you missed last year, visit this video:
After the Concert, you can Celebrate and Toast Ukrainian Independence Day and meet the Performers at a Reception hosted by the Holy Family Sisterhood at the Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Immaculate Conception, Ukrainian Hall, 110 Brussels Street (at Silliman), San Francisco, CA 94134. Suggested Donation: $___/person at the door (children $___); No Host Bar.
* THIS CONCERT IS FREE TO THE PUBLIC! Financial support is needed in order to present our proud culture and heritage to the diverse American public and friends through events like this concert. Our only source of income is from people like you, and we rely on your generous, tax-deductible contributions to offset costly expenses for advertising, transportation, postage, and printing. Please make your check payable to: “Ukrainian-American Coordinating Council” (“UACC”), and send to: Maria Iskiw, Financial Officer, 549-4th Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066; telephone: (650) 583-8029. Thank you.